Tri Duong

Learn my Son, my Mother said
From the things you’ve seen
To the things you have read,
For there is so much knowledge,
In our small World,
And when you learn it my son
It will become your pearl,
As you will shine it
And you will refine it
You will then display it proudly,
You will then profess it
A then you will confess it
And you will brag of it loudly.
Learn my son, my Mother spoke
As she talked from wisdom of age
As you can learn from many things,
Or by simply turning a page.
You can learn from a tree
If you would sit and watch a seed,
You can even learn from a poor man,
Just look upon his face, and you will be he.
Learn my son, my Mother cried
As tears came to her eyes
You can learn from tears and also smiles
You can even learn from a Child,
You can even learn, from me,
When I pass through my life,
You can learn from all men’s brothers
And why some only wish to die.
So take your knowledge and store it well
Protect it from all other men
For some Men need, what other men own.
And they will steal it as surely as you stand.
And when the years go by, and you're old and gray
In your mind many things will flow,
Some men have their wealth, many Men their gold
But their will be nothing more precious;
Than what you will know.....
Labels: edit post
20 Responses
  1. Skunkfunk Says:

    This poem moved me a bit :3



  2. QQ Says:

    very nice poem. Keep em coming this was great.


  3. Randyz Says:

    really touching thumbs up!!


  4. Cpt Pownzor Says:

    Great poetry keep up the posts!


  5. Nick Says:

    That looks like my dog!!



  6. Johnny Boy Says:

    this reminds me of Sarah Turner's work <3


  7. Flippy Says:

    This post inspires me, being a bit of a poet myself :] I bet my girlfriend would love this, definitely going to share this with her.


  8. applecider Says:

    I feel like there's something different about this one...maybe its the structure and rhyming schemes which started off abac but then becomes dedeff


  9. Another great poem with a great message to take away. It's a pity that knowledge is getting more and more expensive (education anyway). All knowledge should be free and available on the internet.


  10. Mr.Character Says:

    Awww. Your good at this!


  11. Anonymous Says:

    showing some luv.



  12. Anonymous Says:

    nice post!;)
    i like it;)
    supportin & follow you;)




  13. Geoff Says:

    i think i need to go give my mom a hug



  14. thats a really sweet poem, following you so I can get more of them.


Post a Comment